1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – December 11, 2017
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.3 Presentations - None
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
12.1.1 Smart Cities Challenge
The Executive Standing Committee recommends that Halifax Regional Council direct the CAO to develop an application to the Smart Cities Challenge program on behalf of HRM, in partnership with the Halifax Partnership and the United Way, based on poverty reduction.
12.1.2 Semi-Annual Workforce Report
That the Executive Standing Committee accept the Semi-Annual Workforce report and presentation and forward it to Halifax Regional Council for information.
12.2 MEMBERS OF STANDING COMMITTEE – NONE
13. MOTIONS – NONE
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
The Executive Standing Committee may rise and go into a private In Camera session, in accordance with Section 19 of the Halifax Regional Municipality Charter, for the purpose of dealing with the following:
14.1 In Camera (In Private) Minutes – December 11, 2017
That the In Camera (In Private) minutes of December 11, 2017 be approved as circulated.
14.2 Personnel Matter
Citizen and Councillor appointments to boards and committees in keeping with the Public Appointment Policy adopted by Regional Council in August 2011, to be found at https://www.halifax.ca/city-hall/boards-committees-commissions/volunteer-boards-committees/public-appointment-policy
14.2.1 Board and Committee Appointment – Port Authority
That the Executive Standing Committee convene to in camera session to consider this matter.
14.3 Personnel Matter
A matter pertaining to an identifiable individual or group.
14.3.1 2018 Volunteer Award Recipients
That the Executive Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council:
1. Approve the individual Adult and Youth award recipients; including ten volunteers to attend the Provincial Volunteer Awards and Halifax Regional Municipality’s (HRM) 2018 Volunteer of the Year Awards Ceremony as found in Attachment A of the January 15, 2018 private and confidential staff report.
2. Approve Community Group award recipients in two categories as found in Attachment B of the Jnaury 15, 2018 private and confidential staff report.
3. Not release the January 15, 2018 Private and Confidential staff report to the public until the 2018 Halifax Regional Municipality’s (HRM) Volunteer Awards Ceremony on April 11, 2018.
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – Monday, February 26, 2018 beginning at 10:00 a.m.
1. Memorandum from the Deputy Clerk dated January 15, 2018 re: Request for Presentation to Executive Standing Committee -