Time: 10:00 a.m.
Location: Virtual Meeting
Updated: July 6, 2023 at 3:15 p.m. to include Item 9.1.2.
1. CALL TO ORDER AND LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – June 12, 2023
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES - NONE
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
7. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
7.3 Presentations - NONE
8. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
9.1.1 Tax Relief for Non-Profit’s 2023
THAT the Grants Committee recommend that Regional Council:
1. Approve the addition of twenty-two (22) properties to Administrative Order 2014-001-ADM as detailed in the Discussion section of the staff report dated June 5, 2023 at an estimated combined cost of $253,359 from Operating Account M311-8006;
2. Approve six (6) one-time grants in support of properties developed under the auspices of the federal Rapid Housing Initiatives Program: Phase 1 and Phase 2 as listed in the Discussion section of the staff report dated June 5, 2023 at an estimated combined cost of $46,055 from Operating Account M311-8006;
3. Suspend the application of Sections 7C and 7D of Administrative Order 2014-001-ADM in fiscal year 2023/24 by amending the Administrative Order as set out in Attachment 2 of the staff report dated June 5, 2023;
4. Approve records management corrections and amendments as listed in the Discussion section of the staff report dated June 5, 2023 and as set out in Attachment 2 of the staff report dated June 5, 2023; and
5. Adopt the amendments to Administrative Order 2014-001-ADM as set out in Attachment 2 of the staff report dated June 5, 2023 including adopting Attachments A through E attached to Attachment 2 to repeal and replace Schedules 26, 27, 28, 29 and 30 of the Administrative Order.
9.1.2 Rural Transit Funding Program 2023-24
THAT the Grants Committee recommend that Regional Council approve grants, pursuant to the Rural Transit Grants Administrative Order, for the 2023-24 fiscal year, to a maximum of $400,000, including the grants set forth in Table 2 of the staff report dated June 13, 2023.
10. ADDED ITEMS
11. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – September 11, 2023
INFORMATION ITEMS – NONE
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Elizabeth Macdonald, Legislative Assistant, at email@example.com or 902-497-7548.
To submit correspondence, email firstname.lastname@example.org
More information: https://www.halifax.ca/city-hall/regional-council/communicating-halifax-regional-council