Time: 10:00 a.m.
Location: Virtual Meeting
Minutes: July 12, 2021 Grants Committee Special Meeting Minutes (PDF)
There will be a live broadcast of the Grants Committee meeting on YouTube. Draft minutes of this meeting will be made available on halifax.ca.
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – June 21, 2021
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
7. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
8. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
It is recommended that HRM Grants Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council approve grants in an amount equivalent to the municipal related construction fee as contained in Attachment A, providing:
(a) the fees were collected by the Municipality from a registered non-profit or registered Canadian charitable organizations for residential developments for affordable housing;
(b) the residential developments were in progress on November 14, 2020;
(c) the eligibility criteria as outlined in the discussion section of this report are met; and
(d) the cumulative total of all the grants does not exceed $25,000.
10. ADDED ITEMS
11. DATE OF NEXT MEETING –August 9, 2021 (if required)
INFORMATION ITEMS – NONE