* In accordance with the March 22, 2020 direction of the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing under section 14 of the Emergency Management Act, draft minutes of this meeting will be made available on halifax.ca within 24 hours of this meeting.
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – March 9, 2020 and June 2, 2020
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS
4. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
5. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS
6. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
7.1.1 Case 22728: Application by WSP Canada Inc, on behalf of Summer Wind Holdings Limited, to obtain a development agreement that permits an eight-storey (plus penthouse) multi-unit dwelling on the registered heritage property at 5241-5247 South Street (Stairs House), 5230 Harvey Street, and 5240-5242-5244-5246 Harvey Street, Halifax. If approved, Stairs House will be restored and incorporated into the proposed development. [PDF]
The applicant has applied to re-develop three properties within the Regional Centre Plan area via development agreement. The applicant is proposing to:
• Consolidate 5241-5247 South Street (a municipally registered heritage property, known as “Stairs House”) with two Harvey Street properties;
• Construct a modern eight-storey (plus penthouse) multi-unit dwelling, which contains approximately 112 dwelling units and 83 underground parking spaces and is orientated towards Harvey Street; and
• Restore Stairs House and integrate it into the new modern structure.
Documents Submitted for Evaluation:
The applicant has submitted plans and studies required by municipal staff to properly evaluate the application. The documents are also available for review, by appointment, at the Planning Applications Office at 40 Alderney Drive, Dartmouth:
• Staff memorandum to HPPAC re Case 22728
• Map 1 - Location
• Site Plan
• Floor Plans
• Pedestrian Wind Study
• Conservation Management Plan
• Relevant Policy
• Public Engagement Summary
Information at the above link will be updated as required. For a copy of the materials presented to the Planning Advisory Committee, please contact the Clerk’s Office.
INFORMATION REPORTS- NONE
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Andrea Lovasi-Wood, Legislative Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 490-6732.