*Meeting Cancelled - July 2, 2019*
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – May 1, 2019
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
7. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
8. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
July 2, 2019 - Additional review of the requested densities, Bedford Municipal Planning Strategy policies and existing development agreements is required by HRM planning staff prior to the application being presented to the Northwest Planning Advisory Committee.*
9.1.1 Case 21946: Application by WSP Canada Inc. to amend an existing development agreement to permit a five (5) storey 73 unit multiple unit residential building at PID 41119496. Also to amend an existing development agreement to permit a one storey 16,000 square feet commercial building and five (5) single unit dwellings on the lands identified as PIDs 00360560, 00430025, 00430017, 00429977 and 00430058), Bedford
WSP Canada Inc. has requested amendments to two existing development agreements to:
1. To permit a single storey 16,000 square feet commercial building and five single detached dwellings (one single unit dwelling is existing) at Lot BH-2, that fronts on the Bedford Highway between Southgate Drive and Glenmont Avenue; and
2. To permit a five (5) storey, 73 unit residential building at Lot BH-1, at the northwest corner of the intersection of Southgate Drive and Bedford Highway, has not changed.
The subject lands are designated Urban Settlement under the Regional Plan and Residential Neighbourhood under the Bedford South Secondary Municipal Planning Strategy (BSSMPS). They are zoned BSCDD (Bedford South Comprehensive Development District) under the Bedford Land Use By-law.
Enabling policies under the BSSMPS include RN-1, RN-2, RN-3 and RN-3A. In summary RN-1 requires that a whole residential neighbourhood designation be considered by a development agreement as the 2003 agreement did – allocating community commercial uses to the subject lands, Lots BH-1 and BH-2. Under Policy RN-2 the criteria for Council to consider in a development agreement application are provided, including such aspects as density, form, site access, parking, landscaping, community facilities, pedestrian and cyclist safety. Policy RN-3 provides the supporting policy for a five storey multiple unit building to be considered in the vicinity of the Old Coach Road and Southgate Drive. Policy RN-3A, site specific amendments added in 2007, allows for the consideration of a multiple unit building, townhouses, commercial uses and a single unit dwelling on Lot-BH-2 subject to criteria similar to Policy RN-3.
Feedback from North West Planning Advisory Committee (NWPAC) is sought relative to the proposed application. The Committee’s recommendation will be forwarded along with the staff report to North West Community Council.
The following information is before the Committee:
• Application Letter
• Lot BH-1 – Site Plan
• Lot BH-1 – Building Drawings
• Traffic Impact Statement
• Revised Submission Part One, April 23, 2019
• Revised Submission Part Two, April 23, 2019
• Public Information Meeting Notes, June 12, 2019
Information at the following link will be updated as required. For a copy of the materials presented to the Planning Advisory Committee please follow the link below.
10. ADDED ITEMS
11. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – September 4, 2019 at 7:00 p.m., BMO Centre Boardroom, 61 Gary Martin Drive, Bedford
INFORMATION ITEMS – NONE