Time: 10:00 a.m.
Location: Halifax Hall, 2nd Floor City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax
Minutes: June 8, 2022 Grants Committee Draft Minutes (PDF)
1. CALL TO ORDER AND LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
1.1 Committee Member Introductions
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – May 9, 2022
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
7. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
8. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
9.1.1 Community Grants Program: Fiscal Year 2022-23 Recommended Awards
(i) Staff report [PDF]
(ii) Staff memo [PDF]
THAT the Grants Committee recommends that Halifax Regional Council approve sixty-one (61) awards as detailed in Attachment 2 of this report for a combined total of $468,764 from Operating Account M311-8004 Community Grants.
9.1.2 Rural Transit Funding Program [PDF]
THAT the Grants Committee recommends that Regional Council approve grants pursuant to the Rural Transit Grants Administrative Order, for the 2022/23 fiscal year, to a maximum of $470,000, including the grants set forth in Table 2 of this report.
9.1.3 Volunteer Search & Rescue Grants Program Awards 2022/2023 [PDF]
THAT the Grants Committee recommends Regional Council to approve:
1. The award of four (4) Operating Grants as described in the Discussion section of this report for a total of $141,300.
9.2 GRANTS COMMITTEE – NONE
9.3 COMMITTEE MEMBER UPDATES
10. ADDED ITEMS
11. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – July 11, 2022
INFORMATION ITEMS – NONE
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Catherine Campbell, Legislative Assistant,
at Catherine.email@example.com or 782-641-0796.
To submit correspondence, email firstname.lastname@example.org
More information: https://www.halifax.ca/city-hall/regional-council/communicating-halifax-regional-council