Time: 10:00 a.m.
Location: Virtual Meeting
Minutes: March 28, 2022 Grants Committee Minutes (PDF)
This meeting is being held virtually. Draft minutes of this meeting will be made available on halifax.ca.
1. CALL TO ORDER AND LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – December 13, 2021
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
7. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
8. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
9.1.1 Community Museums Grant Program Recommended Awards 2022 [PDF]
That the Grants Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council:
1. Approve seven (7) Project Grants as detailed in the Discussion section of this report at a combined cost of $43,923.50 in fiscal year 2022-23 from Operating Account M310-8004;
2. Adopt the amendments to Administrative Order 2018-010-ADM as set out in Attachment 1 of this report to extend the Interim Community Museums Grant Program by 2 years, to March 31, 2025; and
3. Subject to Council’s approval of Recommendation 2 and annual budgetary approval, extend the term of currently approved Operating Grants to fiscal year 2024-25.
That the Grants Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council enter into a Less Than Market Value Lease Agreement with Canoe to the Sea Society for a portion of PID 00094318 at 10 Nowlan Street, Dartmouth, and authorize the Mayor and Municipal Clerk to execute the Lease, as per the key terms and conditions set out in Table 1 in the discussion section of this report.
9.2 COMMITTEE - NONE
9.3 COMMITTEE MEMBER UPDATES
9.3.1 Discussion of meeting location – Virtual/In Person
10. ADDED ITEMS
11. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – April 11, 2022
INFORMATION ITEMS – NONE
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Annie Sherry, Legislative Assistant, at email@example.com or 902.943.8741