Time: 12:30 p.m.
Location: Virtual Meeting
1. CALL TO ORDER
Mi’kmaq Land Acknowledgment
2. COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS
3. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – February 8, 2021 and February 18, 2021 (Special)
4. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
5. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
6. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
7. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS
7.1 Proceeds of Crime – Deferred January 18, 2021 [PDF]
7.2 Update on Community Survey – Deferred January 18, 2021 [PDF]
That the Board of Police Commissioners request that a proposal for an HRM Policing Community Survey be developed based on discussions at the March 8, 2021 Board of Police Commissioners meeting and that Halifax Regional Police return to a future Board of Police Commissioners meeting.
8. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
9. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
10.1.1 HRM Wortley Report Recommendations – Update
• Community Engagement
• Data Collection
• Street Check Ban
• Tracking Document
• Preparation for Two Year Wortley Report Summary
10.1.2 Halifax Regional Police Information Technology Audit Action Plan
10.2 MEMBERS OF BOARD OF POLICE COMMISSIONERS
10.2.1 Commissioner McDougall – BOPC Committee to Define Defunding Police Terms of Reference [PDF]
That the Board of Police Commissioners:
1.Approve the Terms of Reference, as outlined in Attachment 3 of the report dated March 4, 2021, for the Committee to Define Defunding Police.
2.Approve the formation of the Committee to Define Defunding Police, directing the Committee to follow the Terms of Reference in completion of the Committee’s role to review relevant research and conduct community engagements to allow citizens to express their view regarding the definition of Defunding Police.
3.The Committee to Define Defunding Police shall submit a written report to the Board of Police Commissioners.
10.3 COMMISSIONER UPDATES
10.3.1 Management Employee Relations Committee
10.4 HALIFAX REGIONAL POLICE/ROYAL CANADIAN MOUNTED POLICE CHIEF UPDATES
11. ADDED ITEMS
12. ITEMS FOR FUTURE CONSIDERATION
13. IN CAMERA (In Private)
The Board of Police Commissioners may rise and go into a private In Camera (In Private) session, in accordance with Section 51 of the Nova Scotia Police Act for the purposes of dealing with the following:
13.1 In Camera (In Private) Minutes – February 8, 2021 and February 18, 2021 (Special)
That the In Camera (In Private) minutes of February 8, 2021 and February 18, 2021 (Special) be approved as circulated.
Private and Confidential Information Items
1. Private and Confidential In Camera (In Private) Information Report - re: Security Matter
14. NOTICES OF MOTION
15. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – April 19, 2021
1. Canadian Association of Police Governance Board – Update dated March 4, 2021 [PDF]