1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – March 6, 2019
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
7. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
8. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
9.1.1 Case 22113: Application by Lin Si requesting to enter into a development agreement for lands at 103 Dartmouth Road, Bedford to allow for a two-unit residential dwelling.
The proposal is to allow an apartment unit within a single detached dwelling that is under construction at 103 Dartmouth Road, Bedford. The applicant has stated that the intent of the apartment is to provide an additional independent living space for their parents. While an accessory apartment is not permitted by-right within the RSU zone, Policy R-8 of the Bedford MPS does enable an apartment unit on RSU zoned properties within the Residential designation through consideration of a development agreement by Council.
The major aspects of the proposal are:
• Dwelling designed around the inclusion of the home occupation space.
• The layout of the dwelling placed the occupation space on the ground level to enable accessible entry from the parking area splitting the living space between the basement and second story.
• The apartment is can be a maximum of 700 sq.ft, the proposed unit is 654 sq.ft.
• The apartment will be located in the basement level of a two storey dwelling.
• This will be a multi generational home with both sets of parents residing there.
• Intended use of the apartment is to provide an additional living/cooking space for parents
• There will be limited impact on the exterior of building with the inclusion of the apartment.
In preparing the recommendation to North West Community Council, the Committee is being asked to assess potential impact on the community. The following is before the Committee:
• Impacts on adjacent properties
The following information is before the Committee:
• Generalized Future Land Use Map
• Current Zoning
• Bedford Policy Excerpt
• Summary of PIM Comments
• Staff presentation from the Public Information Meeting
Information at the above link will be updated as required. For a copy of the materials presented to the Planning Advisory Committee, please contact the Clerk’s Office.
10. ADDED ITEMS
11. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – June 5, 2019 at 7:00 p.m., BMO Centre Boardroom, 61 Gary Martin Drive, Bedford
INFORMATION ITEMS – NONE