1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – February 4, 2019
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS
7. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
7.3 Presentations - None
8. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
9.1.1 Interim Community Museums Grant Program: Recommended Awards Fiscal Year 2019 [PDF]
That the Grants Committee recommend that Regional Council:
1. Approve twelve (12) Operating Grants, three (3) Project Grants, and one (1) Special Project grant as detailed in Attachment 1 and 2 of this report at a combined cost of $125,966 subject to budget confirmation in 2019-20 from Operating Account M310-8004; and
2. Refer the Urban Farm Museum Society of Spryfield and the Sheet Harbour & Area Heritage Society to the 2019-2020 Community Grants Program and the 2020-2021 Interim Community Museums Grant Program.
9.1.2 Tax Relief for Non-Profit Organizations Program: Fiscal Year 2019-2020 Part 1 – Proposed Amendments [PDF]
The Grants Committee recommends that Halifax Regional Council:
1. Approve renewal of tax relief for 707 properties as listed in Schedules 26 to 30 as itemized in Attachment 1 of the Information Report “Tax Relief for Non-Profit Organizations: Fiscal Year 2019 – Part 2 Renewal of Tax Relief” dated March 13, 2019, and included in Attachments 1 through 5 of the March 13, 2019 staff report, effective April 1, 2019, unless stated otherwise, at an estimated combined cost of $3,992,631 from Operating Account M311-8006;
2. Approve the addition of 68 properties to Administrative Order 2014-001-ADM as detailed in the Discussion section of the March 13, 2019 staff report at an estimated combined cost of $269,240 from Operating Account M311-8006; and
3. Adopt the amendments to Administrative Order 2014-001-ADM as set out in Attachments A through E in Attachment 1 of the March 13, 2019 staff report to repeal and replace Schedules 26, 27, 28, 29 and 30 of the administrative order.
10. ADDED ITEMS
11. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – June 10, 2019 – Halifax Hall, 2nd Floor City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax.
1. Information report from the Chief Financial Officer dated March 5, 2019 re: Transfer of Funds – Community Grants Program 2017 – Status Update [PDF]
2. Information report from the Chief Financial Officer dated March 13, 2019 re: Tax Relief for Non-Profit Organizations Program: Fiscal Year 2019-2020 Part 2 Proposed Renewals [PDF]
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Liam MacSween, Legislative Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-490-6521.