Note: The Grand Parade entrance of City Hall will be closed due to repairs
during the month of May. Please use the Argyle Street entrance during this time.
1. CALL TO ORDER
Swearing-in of Commissioner Carlos Beals
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – April 24, 2017
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS
7. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
7.1 Correspondence - None
7.3.1 Overview of the Nova Scotia Human Rights Commission – Christine Hanson, CEO, Nova Scotia Human Rights Commission
7.3.2 Overview of the Office of the Information & Privacy Commissioner - Nova Scotia – Catherine Tully, Information and Privacy Commissioner for Nova Scotia
8. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – None
9.1.1 Budget Impacts of Reduced Fees for Volunteer Criminal Record Checks
That the Board of Police Commissioners receive the May 10, 2017 report as information on the potential impact and that this information be used in the overall 2018-2019 budget discussions.
9.1.2 Repayment of Fees for Fingerprints for Employment Purposes
That the Board of Police Commissioners:
1. Clarify their direction on the fee schedule of Criminal Record Checks, providing direction on the collection of the $25 fee for the Receiver General on employment related fingerprint checks of criminal record checks.
2. Direct HRP to make contact with the applicants by mail to verify their present address for the purpose of issuing refund cheques.
9.2 MEMBERS OF BOARD OF POLICE COMMISSIONERS
9.3 COMMISSIONER UPDATES
9.3.1 Work Plan Update – Commissioner Mancini
That the Board of Police Commissioners strike a working group to further develop the work plan and recommend adoption by the Board.
9.3.2 Canadian Association of Police Governance 28th Annual Conference – July 14-16 Montréal
9.4 HRP/RCMP CHIEF UPDATES
10. ADDED ITEMS
11. IN CAMERA (In Private)
11.1 Approval of In Camera Minutes – April 24, 2017
That the In Camera minutes of the April 24, 2017 Board of Police Commissioners meeting be approved as circulated.
12. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – June 19, 2017
1. HRM Policing Services 2017 Statistical Overview 1st Quarter
2. HRM Policing – Board of Police Commissioner’s Dashboard – May 15, 2017
3. Dashboard for Human Resources – Trimestral Report – May 1, 2017
4. Information Report – Chief of Halifax Regional Police – May 15, 2017
5. Information Report - OIC Halifax District RCMP – May 15, 2017