1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – April 25, 2018
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS
7. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
8. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
9.1 Blasting by-law B-600 – Staff Presentation
9.2 Case H00452: Request to Include an Unaddressed Property on Great Beech Hill, Lower Sackville in the Registry of Heritage Property for the Halifax Regional Municipality [PDF]
That the Heritage Advisory Committee recommend that Regional Council:
1. Set a date for a heritage hearing to consider the inclusion of the subject property in the registry of heritage property for the Halifax Regional Municipality; and
2. Approve the request to include an unaddressed property (PID 40347957) on Great Beech Hill Road, Lower Sackville, as shown on Map 1, in the registry of heritage property for the Halifax Regional Municipality, as shown on Map 1, as a municipal heritage property.
9.3 Proposed Amendments to Administrative Order 2014-002-ADM Respecting the Heritage Incentives Program [PDF]
That the Heritage Advisory Committee:
1. Recommend that Halifax Regional Council adopt the proposed amendments to Administrative Order 2014-002-ADM as outlined in Attachment 2 of this report so as to:
A. Change the intake period for applications under the Heritage Incentives Program from the current intake period of January 1st through March 31st to September 1st through December 1st of each year;
B. Change the deadline for staff to provide a recommendation to the Heritage Advisory Committee on eligible grant applications from June 30th to March 1st of each year in order to better align approval of funding with the start of the fiscal year.
C. Prioritize applicants in future years if they were previously approved for funding and were unable to commence their approved work during that year so long as they notify the municipality in writing by July 1st of the year they were initially approved for funding.
2. Recommend that Halifax Regional Council retain the current approval process for the Heritage Incentives Program which is referred to Regional Council for ultimate approval under Administrative Order 2014-002-ADM.
10.1 Dylan Ames - Preservation of Remaining Street Poles on Spring Garden Road [PDF]
That the Heritage Advisory Committee recommend that the Community Planning and Economic Development Standing Committee request a staff report to examine the preservation and commemoration of the remaining street poles on Spring Garden Road during the upcoming streetscaping.
11. HCD STAKEHOLDER STEERING COMMITTEES UPDATES (Verbal)
12. ADDED ITEMS
13. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – June 27, 2018
INFORMATION ITEMS – None
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact
David Perusse, Legislative Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-490-6517.