Time: 10:00 a.m.
Location: Council Chambers, 3rd Floor of City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street
1. CALL TO ORDER AND LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
1.1 Annual Election of Chair
1.2 Annual Election of Vice-Chair
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – October 19, 2023
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.3.1 Building for a Climate Crisis Report – Peggy Cameron, Vice‐President Black River Wind Ltd.
11. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
12. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
That the Community Planning and Economic Development Standing Committee forward the staff report dated October 31, 2023 to Regional Council for information.
That the Community Planning and Economic Development Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council:
1. Approve the Rural Recreation Strategy (Attachment 1 of the staff report dated October 11, 2023);
2. Direct the Chief Administrative Officer to carry out the actions contained in the Rural Recreation Strategy as part of the multi-year budgeting and business planning process;
3. Direct the Chief Administrative Officer to return to Regional Council with a progress report within three years of the adoption of the Rural Recreation Strategy.
That the Community Planning and Economic Development Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council adopt By-law N-208, amending By-law N-200, the Noise By-law, as set out in Attachment B of the staff report dated September 27, 2023.
That the Community Planning and Economic Development Standing Committee approve the proposed 2024 Community Planning and Economic Development Standing Committee meeting schedule as outlined in the staff memorandum.
13.2 MEMBERS OF STANDING COMMITTEE – NONE
14. MOTIONS – NONE
15. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) – NONE
16. ADDED ITEMS
17. NOTICES OF MOTION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – TBD
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Annie Sherry, Legislative Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902.943.8741.
To submit correspondence, email email@example.com
More information: https://www.halifax.ca/city-hall/regional-council/communicating-halifax-regional-council