Time: 6:00 p.m.
Location: HEMDCC Meeting Space, Main Floor Alderney Landing, 60 Alderney Drive, Dartmouth
Due to technical difficulties, only audio of this meeting is available at the link above.
1. CALL TO ORDER AND LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
1.1 African Nova Scotian Affirmation
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – September 11, 2023
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES – NONE
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
7. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
7.3 Presentations – None
8. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD - NONE
9.1.1 ANSAIO Monthly Update
- Staff Presentation [PDF]
9.1.2 Proposed 2024 Meeting Schedule [PDF]
That the African Descent Advisory Committee approve the 2024 African Descent Advisory Committee meeting schedule as outlined in the staff memorandum.
9.2 COMMITTEE MEMBER UPDATES
9.2.1 Councillor Smith – How Municipal Government Works
- Presentation [PDF]
9.2.2 Darryl Johnson – African Nova Scotian Representation in the Halifax Regional Police
That the African Descent Advisory Committee recommends the Executive Standing Committee direct the Chief Administrative Officer to request a staff report on:
1. The representation of people of African Nova Scotian descent in the Halifax Regional Police force;
2. The status of the all-African descent cadet class;
3. An understanding of education provided to all officers around systemic racism; and
4. That the staff report be provided to the African Nova Scotian Descent Advisory Committee for review and possible recommendation.
9.2.3 Future Agenda Planning Discussion
10. ADDED ITEMS
11. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – To be confirmed
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Dorothy Maponga, Legislative Assistant, at Dorothy.Maponga@halifax.ca or 902-478-2408.
To submit correspondence, email firstname.lastname@example.org
More information: https://www.halifax.ca/city-hall/regional-council/communicating-halifax-regional-council