1. CALL TO ORDER
• Community Announcements
2. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
3. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – August 28, 2017
3.1 Case 20148 – Application by Dexel Developments for a secondary planning strategy amendment related to a proposed mixed-use development at Robie, Pepperell and Shirley Streets, Halifax
The applications details can be found at https://www.halifax.ca/business/planning-development/applications/case-20148-robie-pepperell-shirley-streets-halifax
In preparing the recommendation to Halifax and West Community Council, the Committee is being asked to consider if the proposal addresses the planning principles of transition, pedestrian-orientation, scale, building design, and context as outlined in the memorandum from staff dated August 17, 2017.
4. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
5.1 Case 20923 - Application by Myles Baldwin, Shane Beehan and Jillian Demmons for a development agreement at 2720 Gottingen Street, Halifax to allow for a restaurant and pub (Narrows Public House).
Feedback is sought from Halifax Peninsula Planning Advisory Committee relative to the proposed application. The committee’s recommendation will be forwarded along with the staff report to Halifax and West Community Council.
The proposal details can be found at: https://www.halifax.ca/business/planning-development/applications/case-20923-2720-gottingen-street-halifax
The Halifax Municipal Planning Strategy designates the site (a HRM registered heritage property) for medium-density residential development. MPS policies provide for the development and change of use of heritage buildings, provided that the proposed use is compatible with the surrounding residential neighbourhood.
In preparing your recommendation to Halifax and West Community Council, kindly advise whether the proposal complies with the policies of the Halifax Municipal Planning Strategy in consideration of the following:
- Compatibility: Is the proposal to operate a pub/ lounge with restaurant compatible with the surrounding residential neighbourhood?
- Are the proposed hours of operation suitable to address any compatibility issues?
- Is an outdoor patio for patrons appropriate, given the surroundings, or should the pub/restaurant use be fully internal to the building?
- Should residential unit(s) be included as part of the proposal, within the proposed vacant spaces?
- Any other applicable land use issues/ impacts.
6. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – September 25, 2017 Regular Meeting
October 5, 2017 Public Information Meeting
October 11, 2017 Public Information Meeting
INFORMATION ITEMS – NONE