Time: 9:30 a.m.
Location: Halifax Hall, 2nd Floor City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax
1. CALL TO ORDER AND LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – May 10, 2023
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
7. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
7.3 Presentations – None
8. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
9.1.1 2023/24 MLSER 2nd Intake Report [PDF]
That the Special Events Advisory Committee recommend Halifax Regional Council approve an event grant in the amount of $25,000 from the 2023/24 Community and Events Reserve (Q621) to fund Soccer Nova Scotia to host the Canada Soccer Toyota National Championships.
9.2 COMMITTEE MEMBER UPDATES
9.2.1 Hotel Association
9.2.2 Discover Halifax
10. ADDED ITEMS
11. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – October 11, 2023
1. Memorandum from the Legislative Assistant dated September 8, 2023 re: Request to Present to the Special Events Advisory Committee – None [PDF]
2. Memorandum from Soccer Nova Scotia dated September 8, 2023 re: 2023 Toyota National Championship Trophy Challenge/Jubilee Trophy [PDF]
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Catie Campbell, Legislative Assistant, at Catherine.email@example.com or 782-641-0796.
To submit correspondence, email firstname.lastname@example.org More information: https://www.halifax.ca/city-hall/regional-council/communicating-halifax-regional-council