Time: 10:00 a.m.
Location: Council Chambers, 3rd Floor of City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street
1. CALL TO ORDER AND LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – June 22 & June 27, 2022
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES - NONE
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.3 Presentations - None
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
12.1 AUDITOR GENERAL – NONE
12.2.1 First Quarter 2022-23 Financial Report
That the Audit & Finance Standing Committee forward the First Quarter 2022/23 Financial Report to Regional Council for their information.
12.2.2 Budget Increase to CP210013 - Park Development - New and Award RFT 22-401
That the Audit & Finance Standing Committee recommend that Regional Council:
1. Approve an unbudgeted withdrawal in the amount of $100,000 (net HST included) from Capital Fund Reserve Q526.
2. Increase 2022/23 Capital Project Number CP210013 - Park Development - New, by $100,000 (net HST included); and,
3. Award Tender No. 22-401, Unnamed Park 27 (Broad Street) Tennis Courts (Bedford) and Cole Harbour Common (Auburn Drive entrance) Parking Lot Upgrades (Cole Harbour) to the highest scoring bidder meeting the specifications, Ocean Contractors Limited, for a Total Tender Price of $454,452.32 (net HST included) with funding from Project Account No. CP210013 – Park Development – New and Project Account No. CP200001 – Park Recapitalization, as outlined in the Financial Implications section of this report.
12.2.3 Broad Street North Roundabout – Additional Funds
That the Audit and Finance Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council;
1) Approve a budget transfer of $2,205,000 from Capital Account CT190003 – Downtown Dartmouth Infrastructure Renewal to Capital Account CTU01006 – Bedford West Road Oversizing;
2) Increase the amount of the March 1, 2022 Award of Alternative Procurement 22-1024 for the design and construction of a roundabout at the intersection of Larry Uteck Boulevard and Broad Street (North) to West Bedford Holdings Limited from a maximum value of $3,250,000 to a maximum value of $5,943,572 (net HST included) as outlined in the Financial Implications section of this report.
12.3 GRANTS COMMITTEE - NONE
12.4 MEMBERS OF STANDING COMMITTEE - NONE
13. MOTIONS - NONE
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
The Committee may rise and go into a private In Camera session, in accordance with Section 19 of the Halifax Regional Municipality Charter, for the purpose of dealing with the following:
14.1 In Camera (In Private) Minutes – June 22, 2022
THAT the In Camera (In Private) minutes of June 22, 2022 be approved as circulated.
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – October 19, 2022