Time: 4:00 p.m.
Location: HEMDCC Meeting Space, Main Floor Alderney Landing, 60 Alderney Drive, Dartmouth
1. CALL TO ORDER AND LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
2. COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS
3. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – August 2, 2023
4. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
• Item 11.1 Halifax Regional Police Staff Update
5. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
6. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
7. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
8. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
8.3 Presentations - None
9. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – August 2, 2023
9.1 Commissioner Critchley - Update on police-specific implementation of Dr. Timothy Bryan’s Report on development of a framework for race-based police data collection in Nova Scotia [PDF]
10.1 HALIFAX REGIONAL POLICE/ROYAL CANADIAN MOUNTED POLICE CHIEF UPDATES
10.2.1 Board of Police Commissioners 2022-2023 Annual Report [PDF]
That the Board of Police Commissioners:
1. Forward the report dated August 23, 2023 to Regional Council for information; and
2. Form a working group to finalize action items and timeframes associated with strategic priorities.
10.3 MEMBERS OF BOARD OF POLICE COMMISSIONERS
10.3.1 Commissioner Blackburn - Nova Scotia Association of Police Governance Conference [PDF]
That the Board of Police Commission approve Commissioner Blackburn’s registration at the Nova Scotia Association of Police Governance Conference to be held in-person in Bridgewater from September 13-15, 2023. Commissioner Blackburn will attend the conference in their role as the Board of Police Commissioners’ representative to the Nova Scotia Association of Police Governance.
10.4 COMMISSIONER UPDATES – NONE
11. ADDED ITEMS
11.1 Halifax Regional Police Staff Update
12. ITEMS FOR FUTURE CONSIDERATION
13. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
The Board of Police Commissioners may rise and go into a private In Camera (In Private) session, in accordance with Section 51 of the Nova Scotia Police Act for the purposes of dealing with the following:
13.1 In Camera (In Private) Minutes – June 14, 2023, July 10, 2023 and July 12, 2023
That the In Camera (In Private) minutes of June 14, 2023, July 10, 2023 and July 12, 2023 be approved as circulated.
13.2 PERSONNEL MATTER - Private and Confidential
A matter pertaining to an identifiable individual or group.
That the Board of Police Commissioners convene to in camera to discuss the matter.
14. NOTICES OF MOTION
15. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – September 20, 2023
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Andrea Lovasi-Wood, Legislative Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902.240.7164.
To submit correspondence, email email@example.com
More information: https://www.halifax.ca/city-hall/boards-committees-commissions/a-c/board-police-commissioners/engagement-bopc, click on “Correspondence”