View live meeting captioning (text only site)
Would you like to speak during the Public Hearing for Case 19117?
If you’d like to speak during Public Hearing for Case 19117, contact the Municipal Clerk's Office no later than 4:30 p.m. on Friday April 9, 2021 to be added to the speakers' list to speak by Zoom or telephone. This meeting will occur in a virtual setting and attending in person is not possible. To register as a speaker:
• Send an email to email@example.com
• Phone 902.490.4210 (Mon-Fri, 8:30 am-4:30 pm)
• Fax 902.490.4208
In your message, state that you wish to speak during Public Hearing for Case 19117 at the April 12, 2021 North West Community Council meeting, and give your name, community of residence, email address, and the phone number that you’ll use to participate.
PLEASE NOTE: All virtual meetings will be audio and/or video recorded for the purpose of creating a record of the proceedings. If you do not wish to be recorded, do not sign up to speak; you can provide a written submission via firstname.lastname@example.org.
In accordance with the July 29, 2020 direction of the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing under section 14 of the Emergency Management Act, this meeting is being held virtually. Draft minutes of this meeting will be made available on halifax.ca.
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – March 8, 2021
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10.1 PUBLIC HEARINGS
10.1.1 Case 19117: Development Agreement for 525-unit Mobile Home Park on the Old Truro Road, Enfield – Supplementary Report dated February 22, 2021 [PDF] and Staff Report dated May 4, 2020 [PDF]
That North West Community Council:
It is recommended that North West Community Council:
1. Approve the proposed development agreement, which shall be substantially of the same form as set out in Attachment A of the supplemental staff report dated February 22, 2021; and
2. Require the development agreement be signed by the property owner within 240 days, or any extension thereof granted by Council on request of the property owner, from the date of final approval by Council and any other bodies as necessary, including applicable appeal periods, whichever is later; otherwise this approval will be void and obligations arising hereunder shall be at an end.
10.2 VARIANCE APPEAL HEARINGS – NONE
11. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
12. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
13.1.1 Case 21355 Berryhill DA Middle Sackville [PDF]
That North West Community Council give notice of motion to consider the proposed development agreement, as set out in Attachment A of the staff report dated March 4, 2021, to enable a 167-unit residential subdivision between Lively Road and Wilson Lake Drive in Middle Sackville and schedule a public hearing
13.1.2 Case 23111 LUB Amend MU-1 Mixed Use Zone Lucasville [PDF]
That North West Community Council give First Reading to consider approval of the proposed amendment to the Land Use By law for Beaver Bank, Hammonds Plains and Upper Sackville as set out in Attachment A of the staff report dated February 17, 2021, to add a School Bus Yard to the list of permitted uses in the MU-1 (Mixed Use) Zone, and schedule a public hearing.
13.2 MEMBERS OF NORTH WEST COMMUNITY COUNCIL – NONE
14. MOTIONS – NONE
15. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) – NONE
16. ADDED ITEMS
17. NOTICES OF MOTION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – April 14, 2021 (Halifax And West Community Council and North West Community Council Special Joint Meeting); May 10, 2021
1. Information report from the Legislative Assistant dated April 7, 2021 re: Presentation Requests [PDF]
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Andrea Lovasi-Wood, Legislative Assistant, at email@example.com 902-490-6732.