The three community councils, each consisting of five to six districts, consider local matters, make recommendations to Regional Council, and provide opportunities for public input.
Halifax and West Community Council was established on December 3, 2012 by Administrative Order 48 [PDF]. It includes the following districts (district maps provided in PDF format).
• District 7 - Halifax South Downtown
• District 8 - Halifax Peninsula North
• District 9 - Halifax West Armdale
• District 10 - Halifax - Bedford Basin West
• District 11 - Spryfield - Sambro Loop - Prospect Road
• District 12 - Timberlea - Beechville - Clayton Park – Wedgewood
The Halifax and West Community Council normally meets once a month on Tuesdays, at 6:00 p.m. Meeting dates and times are subject to change. Check the calendar below, and the agenda (once available) to confirm the exact date and time for each meeting.
You can find agendas, reports, and minutes online. You can also search for records of Community Council meetings.
The current three Community Councils have existed since December 2012. Find information about previous Community Councils.