The four community councils, each consisting of five to six districts, consider local matters, make recommendations to Regional Council, and provide opportunities for public input.
North West Community Council was established on December 3, 2012 by Administrative Order 48 [PDF]. It includes the following districts (district maps provided in PDF format).
• District 1 - Waverley - Fall River - Musquodoboit Valley
• District 13 - Hammonds Plains - St. Margarets
• District 14 - Middle/Upper Sackville - Beaver Bank - Lucasville
• District 15 - Lower Sackville
• District 16 - Bedford - Wentworth
The North West Community Council normally meets on the second Monday of each month at 7:00 p.m. Meeting dates and times are subject to change. Check the calendar below, and the agenda (once available) to confirm the exact date and time for each meeting.
North West Community Council Meetings
- Councillor Paul Russell - Chair - District 15
- Councillor Pam Lovelace - Vice Chair - District 13
- Councillor Cathy Deagle-Gammon - District 1
- Councillor Lisa Blackburn - District 14
- Councillor Tim Outhit - District 16
Staff contact for the North West Community Council