The four community councils, each consisting of five to six districts, consider local matters, make recommendations to Regional Council, and provide opportunities for public input.
North West Community Council was established on December 3, 2012 by Administrative Order 48 [PDF]. It includes the following districts (district maps provided in PDF format).
• District 1 - Waverley - Fall River - Musquodoboit Valley
• District 13 - Hammonds Plains - St. Margarets
• District 14 - Middle/Upper Sackville - Beaver Bank - Lucasville
• District 15 - Lower Sackville
• District 16 - Bedford - Wentworth
The North West Community Council normally meets on the second Monday of each month. North West Community Council is currently meeting virtually at 6:00 p.m. Meeting dates and times are subject to change. Check the calendar below, and the agenda (once available) to confirm the exact date and time for each meeting.
You can find agendas, reports, and minutes online. You can also search for records of Community Council meetings.
Are you looking for a different Community Council?