The four community councils, each consisting of five to six districts, consider local matters, make recommendations to Regional Council, and provide opportunities for public input.
Regional Centre Community Council was established on December 3, 2019 by Administrative Order 48 [PDF]. It includes portions of the following districts, as described in Schedule 4 of the Administrative Order [PDF]
• District 5 - Dartmouth Centre
• District 6 - Harbourview - Burnside - Dartmouth East
• District 7 - Halifax South Downtown
• District 8 - Halifax Peninsula North
• District 9 - Halifax West Armdale
Check the calendar below, and each agenda (once available) to confirm the date and time for each meeting.
Regional Centre Community Council Meetings
- Councillor Sam Austin - District 5 - Chair
- Councillor Tony Mancini - District 6
- Councillor Waye Mason - District 7 - Vice Chair
- Councillor Lindell Smith - District 8
- Councillor Shawn Cleary - District 9
Staff contact for the Regional Centre Community Council