The four community councils, each consisting of five to six districts, consider local matters, make recommendations to Regional Council, and provide opportunities for public input.
Harbour East – Marine Drive Community Council was established on December 3, 2012 by Administrative Order 48. It includes the following districts (district maps provided in PDF format).
• District 2 - Preston - Chezzetcook - Eastern Shore
• District 3 - Dartmouth South - Eastern Passage
• District 4 - Cole Harbour - Westphal
• District 5 - Dartmouth Centre
• District 6 - Harbourview - Burnside - Dartmouth East
The Harbour East – Marine Drive Community Council normally meets on the first Thursday of each month, at 6:00 p.m. Meeting dates and times are subject to change. Check the calendar below, and the agenda (once available) to confirm the exact date and time for each meeting.
Harbour East - Marine Drive Community Council Meetings
• Councillor David Hendsbee - District 2
• Councillor Becky Kent - District 3
• Councillor Trish Purdy - District 4 (Vice Chair)
• Councillor Sam Austin - District 5
• Councillor Tony Mancini - District 6 (Chair)
Staff contact for the Harbour East – Marine Drive Community Council