1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – June 8, 2017
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES – NONE
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – June 8, 2017
8.1 Case 19626: Development Agreement for Multiple Unit Residential Dwelling and Commercial Development at 836 and 842 Portland Street, Dartmouth
(i) Supplementary Information Report June 21, 2017 [PDF]
(ii) Extract of June 8, 2017 HEMDCC Draft Minutes [PDF]
(iii) Supplementary Staff Report dated June 1, 2017 [PDF]
(iv) Staff Memorandum dated June 6, 2017 [PDF]
(v) Staff Recommendation Report dated August 16, 2016 [PDF]
Motion: That Harbour East-Marine Drive Community Council:
1. Approve the proposed development agreement, which shall be substantially of the same form as set out in Attachment A of the supplementary report dated June 1, 2017, to permit two commercial buildings and a multiple unit residential dwelling at 836 and 842 Portland Street, Dartmouth;
2. Require that the proposed development agreement be signed by the property owner within 120 days, or any extension thereof granted by Council on request of the property owner, from the date of final approval by Council and any other bodies as necessary, including applicable appeal periods, whichever is later; otherwise this approval will be void and obligations arising hereunder shall be at an end.
3. Approve, by resolution, the discharge of the existing development agreement that applies to the lands as shown in Attachment D of the staff recommendation report dated August 16, 2016, to take effect upon the registration of the new development agreement; and
4. Require the discharge agreement be signed by the property owner within 120 days, or any extension thereof, granted by Council on request of the property owner, from the date of final approval by Council and any other bodies as necessary, including applicable appeal periods, whichever is later, otherwise this approval will be void and obligations arising hereunder shall be at an end.
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. HEARINGS – NONE
11. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
12. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
13. REPORTS – NONE
14.1 Councillor Hendsbee [PDF]
That Harbour East Marine Drive Community Council approve funding in the amount of $1,750.00 from the Musquodoboit Harbour Common Area Rate account for the purchase of five seven-foot long picnic tables.
15. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
Community Council may rise and go into a private In Camera session, in accordance with Section 19 of the Halifax Regional Municipality Charter, for the purpose of dealing with the following:
15.1 Personnel Matter
Citizen and Councillor appointments to boards and committees in keeping with the Public Appointment Policy adopted by Regional Council in August 2011, to be found at
15.1.1 Appointments to the Public Participation Committee for the CDD lands at 651 Portland Hills Drive,
Dartmouth – Private and Confidential Report
Motion: That Harbour East Marine Drive Community Council convene to in camera to discuss the matter.
16. ADDED ITEMS
17. NOTICES OF MOTION
18. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
19. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – September 7, 2017, 6:00 p.m. HEMDCC Meeting Space Main Floor, Alderney Gate 60 Alderney Drive, Dartmouth
1. Memorandum from the Legislative Assistant dated July 27, 2017 re: Requests to Presentations to Harbour East-Marine Drive Community Council [PDF]
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Krista Vining, Legislative Assistant, at email@example.com or 902-490-6519.