Time: 6:00 p.m.
Location: HEMDCC Large Meeting Space, Main Floor Alderney Landing, 60 Alderney Drive, Dartmouth
1. CALL TO ORDER AND LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
1.1 ELECTION OF CHAIR AND VICE CHAIR
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – October 24, 2022
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10.1 PUBLIC HEARING
10.1.1 Case 23928: Development Agreement for 386 Cow Bay Road, Eastern Passage [PDF]
That Harbour East-Marine Drive Community Council:
1. Approve the proposed development agreement, which shall be substantially of the same form as set out in Attachment A of the September 16, 2022 report; and
2. Require the agreement be signed by the property owner within 120 days, or any extension thereof granted by Council on request of the property owner, from the date of final approval by Council and any other bodies as necessary, including applicable appeal periods, whichever is later; otherwise this approval will be void and obligations arising hereunder shall be at an end.
10.2 VARIANCE HEARING – NONE
11. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
11.3 Presentations – None
12. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
13.1.1 Case 22875: Development Agreement for 11 Canal Street, Dartmouth [PDF]
That Harbour East-Marine Drive Community Council give notice of motion to consider the proposed development agreement, as set out in Attachment A of the September 26, 2022 report, to construct a mixed-use, multi-unit building and schedule a public hearing.
13.1.2 Councillor Appointments to Boards and Committees
That the Harbour East Marine Drive Community Council appoint one (1) Councillor to serve on the Special Events Advisory Committee for a term until the end of the Council term.
13.1.3 Proposed 2023 Meeting Schedule [PDF]
That Harbour East-Marine Drive Community Council approve the proposed 2023 Harbour East-Marine Drive Community Council meeting schedule as outlined in the staff memorandum.
13.2 MEMBERS OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL – NONE
14. MOTIONS – NONE
15. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
Council may rise and go into a private In Camera session, in accordance with Section 19 of the Halifax Regional Municipality Charter, for the purpose of dealing with the following:
15.1 Approval of In Camera (In Private) Minutes – October 24, 2022
That Harbour East-Marine Drive Community Council approve the October 24, 2022 In Camera (In Private) minutes as circulated.
16. ADDED ITEMS
17. NOTICES OF MOTION
18. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
19. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – January 12, 2023
1. Information Report from the Legislative Assistant dated November 22, 2022 re: Requests for Presentation to Harbour East-Marine Drive Community Council – None [PDF]
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact
Simon Ross-Siegel, Legislative Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-292-3962
To submit correspondence, email email@example.com
More information: https://www.halifax.ca/city-hall/regional-council/communicating-halifax-regional-council