1. CALL TO ORDER
1.1 Annual Election of Chair and Vice Chair
1.2 TABLING OF 2018 ANNUAL REPORT [PDF]
• Public Participation for Annual Report
That Halifax and West Community Council accept the 2018 Halifax and West Community Council Annual Report as presented.
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – November 14, 2018
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10.1 Public Hearings
10.1.1 Case 21847: Time Extension to existing Development Agreement for PID 40306730, property adjacent to 1300 Prospect Road, Goodwood [PDF]
- Staff Presentation [PDF]
That Halifax and West Community Council:
1. Approve the proposed amending development agreement, which shall be substantially of the same form as set out in Attachment A of the staff report dated September 25, 2018; and
2. Require the agreement be signed by the property owner within 120 days, or any extension thereof granted by Council on request of the property owner, from the date of final approval by Council and any other bodies as necessary, including applicable appeal periods, whichever is later; otherwise this approval will be void and obligations arising hereunder shall be at an end.
10.2 Variance Hearings
10.2.1 Case 21703: Appeal of Variance Approval - 12 Alderwood Drive, Halifax [PDF]
- Staff Presentation [PDF]
In accordance with Administrative Order One, the following motion must be placed on the floor: That Halifax and West Community Council allow the appeal.
11. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
12. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
13.1.1 Point Pleasant Park Mobile App [PDF]
That Halifax and West Community Council recommend that Halifax Regional Council direct staff to develop and embed a Story Map in the existing Point Pleasant Park web page as a pilot project within the Halifax.ca website for 2019, and monitor the usage and popularity for future consideration in other parks.
13.1.2 Case 21379: Municipal Planning Strategy and Land Use By-law Amendments for Planning District 4 (Prospect) to allow a church at 797 Prospect Road, Goodwood [PDF]
That Halifax and West Community Council recommend that Regional Council:
1. Give First Reading to consider the proposed amendments to the Municipal Planning Strategy (MPS) and Land Use By-law (LUB) for Planning District 4 (Prospect), as set out in Attachments A and B of the staff report dated October 10, 2018, to allow for a church at 797 Prospect Road, Goodwood, and schedule a public hearing; and
2. Adopt the proposed amendments to the Municipal Planning Strategy (MPS) and Land Use By-law (LUB) for Planning District 4 (Prospect), as set out in Attachments A and B of the staff report dated October 10, 2018.
14. MOTIONS - NONE
15. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
15.1 APPROVAL OF IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) MINUTES – November 14, 2018
16. ADDED ITEMS
17. NOTICES OF MOTION
18. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
19. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – January 8, 2019
1. Information Report from the Legislative Assistant dated December 6, 2018 re: presentation requests [PDF]
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact
David Perusse, Legislative Assistant at 902-490-6732 or firstname.lastname@example.org