Time: 6:00 p.m.
Location: Virtual Meeting
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – Special Meeting January 7, 2021
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10.1.1 Case 22285: Development Agreement to allow a 12-storey multi-unit dwelling at 3 Bartlin Road, Dartmouth [PDF] (Large 8Mb)
- Staff Presentation [PDF] (Large 8 Mb)
- Applicant Presentation [PDF] (Large 9 Mb)
That Harbour East-Marine Drive Community Council:
1. Approve the proposed development agreement and discharging agreement, which shall be substantially of the form as set out in Attachments A and B of the August 12, 2020 report; and
2. Require the agreements be signed by the property owner within 240 days, or any extension thereof granted by Council on request of the property owner, from the date of final approval by Council and any other bodies as necessary, including applicable appeal periods, whichever is later; otherwise this approval will be void and obligations arising hereunder shall be at an end.
11. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
11.3.1 Dartmouth Crossing Updates - Greg Zwicker, MCIP, LPP, Principal, Zzap [PDF]
- Presentation [PDF] (Large 27 Mb)
12. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
13.1.1 Case 22847: Development Agreement for PIDs 00374652 and 41466160 Main Road at Silvers Lane, Eastern Passage [PDF]
That Harbour East-Marine Drive Community Council give notice of motion to consider the proposed Development Agreement, as set out in Attachment A of the January 13, 2021 report, to construct two four-storey multiple unit dwellings on Lands in Eastern Passage and schedule a public hearing;
13.1.2 Secondary Suites and Backyard Suites Housekeeping Amendments [PDF]
That Harbour East-Marine Drive Community Council give first reading to consider approval of the proposed amendments to the Land Use By-laws for Dartmouth, Downtown Dartmouth, Lawrencetown and Planning Districts 8 & 9, as set out in Attachment A of the January 4, 2021 report, to complete housekeeping amendments for provisions regarding secondary and backyard suites, and schedule a public hearing.
13.1.3 Dahlia Oak Crichton Active Transportation Connections [PDF]
That Harbour East-Marine Drive Community Council recommend that Halifax Regional Council approve the permanent implementation of 680m of enhanced walking, rolling, and cycling facilities connecting the Dartmouth Common to the Shubenacadie Canal Greenway via Dahlia Street and Sullivan’s Pond Park as described in the ‘Discussion’ section of the January 27, 2021 report.
13.2 MEMBERS OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL – NONE
14. MOTIONS – NONE
15. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) – NONE
16. ADDED ITEMS
17. NOTICES OF MOTION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – March 4, 2021