Agenda Updated on February 5, 2021 at 2:00 p.m.
Viewing Live Webcasts for Virtual Meetings - Detailed Instructions [PDF]
Virtual Public Hearings & How to Participate
Please be aware that the deadline to register as a speaker is 4:30 p.m. the business day (Friday February 5, 2021) prior to the hearing.
In accordance with the July 29, 2020 direction of the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing under section 14 of the Emergency Management Act, this meeting is being held virtually. Draft minutes of this meeting will be made available on halifax.ca within three business days.
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – January 11, 2021
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10.1 PUBLIC HEARINGS
10.1.1 Case 22704: Amending Development Agreement for Lands on Fourth St, Bedford [PDF]
That North West Community Council:
1. Approve the proposed amending development agreement, which shall be substantially of the same form as set out in Attachment A of the staff report dated October 19, 2020; and
2. Require the amending development agreement be signed by the property owner within 240 days, or any extension thereof granted by Council on request of the property owner, from the date of final approval by Council and any other bodies as necessary, including applicable appeal periods, whichever is later; otherwise this approval will be void and obligations arising hereunder shall be at an end.
- Memorandum from the North West Planning Advisory Committee dated May 28, 2020 [PDF]
- Staff Presentation [PDF]
- Applicant Presentation [PDF]
10.2 VARIANCE APPEAL HEARINGS
10.2.1 Case 22841: Appeal of Site Plan Approval – 20 Majesty Court, Hammonds Plains [PDF]
In accordance with Administrative Order One, the following motion shall be placed on the floor:
That the appeal be allowed.
- Staff Presentation [PDF]
11. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
12. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
13.1.1 Case 23086: Land Use By-law Amendment for Site B, Fall River [PDF]
That the North West Community Council give First Reading to consider approval of the proposed amendment to the Land Use By-law for Planning Districts 14 and 17, as set out in Attachment A of the staff report dated February 2, 2021, to permit Nursing Homes in the RLRC (River-lakes Residential Campus) Zone on Opportunity Site B in Fall River and schedule a public hearing.
13.2 MEMBERS OF NORTH WEST COMMUNITY COUNCIL
13.2.1 Councillor Blackburn – Amendments to the Sackville Community Bursary Awards [PDF]
That North West Community Council direct staff to prepare a report and recommendation for Community Council to effect amendments to the Sackville Community Award in order to remove Clause 4 – An applicant who has received a major scholarship of one thousand dollars ($1,000) or more is ineligible for a Sackville Community Award, and that this amendment be made retroactive to the 2019/20 school-year term.
13.2.2 Councillor Blackburn – Planning Provisions and Regulations for Agricultural, Commercial and Recreational Uses in Lucasville [PDF]
That North West Community Council request an information report outlining the planning provisions and regulations for agricultural uses and commercial recreation uses within the Municipal Planning Strategy and Land Use By-law for the Lucasville area. The report should include the scope and intensity of these land uses within the community and regulations to mitigate conflict between allowable uses in the area.
14. MOTIONS – NONE
15. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) – NONE
16. ADDED ITEMS
16.1 Case 23274: Secondary and Backyard Suites - Housekeeping Amendments [PDF]
That North West Community Council
1. Give first reading to consider approval of the proposed amendments to the Land Use By-Laws for Bedford, Planning Districts 1 & 3 and Sackville Drive as set out in Attachment B to the Staff Report dated January 2, 2021 to complete housekeeping amendments to the provisions regarding secondary and backyard suites and schedule a public hearing.
2. Give first reading to consider approval of the proposed amendments to the Land Use By-Law for Halifax Mainland, as set out in Attachment D to the Staff Report dated January 2, 2021 to complete housekeeping amendments to the provisions relating to secondary and backyard suites and schedule a joint public hearing with Halifax and West Community Council.
17. NOTICES OF MOTION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – March 8, 2021
1. Information report from the Legislative Assistant dated February 4, 2021 re: Presentation Requests. [PDF]
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Andrea Lovasi-Wood, Legislative Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org 902-490-6732.