Time: 6:00 p.m.
Location: HEMDCC Meeting Space, Main Floor Alderney Landing, 60 Alderney Drive, Dartmouth
Please note, planning staff is waiting to hear back from the applicant on how they want to proceed with Case 20269: Rezoning and Development Agreement – 307 Prince Albert Road and 5 Glenwood Avenue, Dartmouth. The meeting date for the supplementary staff report to return to HEMDCC is to be determined.
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – December 7, 2017
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES – NONE
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. HEARINGS – NONE
11. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
11.3.1 Eastern Shore Life Style Centre Society re: new replacement community centre [PDF]
12. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
13.1.1 Update on the Centre Plan [PDF]
13.1.2 Case 20436: Amendments to the Dartmouth MPS and LUB, and proposed development agreement for 102 Albro Lake Road, Dartmouth [PDF]
It is recommended that Harbour East - Marine Drive Community Council recommend that Regional Council:
1.Give First Reading to consider the proposed amendments to the Municipal Planning Strategy (MPS) and Land Use By-law (LUB) for Dartmouth, as set out in Attachments A and B of the staff report dated November 22, 2017, to enable an automotive repair garage in an existing commercial building at 102 Albro Lake Road, Dartmouth, by development agreement, and schedule a public hearing; and
2.Approve the proposed amendments to the MPS and LUB for Dartmouth, as set out in Attachments A and B of the staff report dated November 22, 2017.
It is recommended that Harbour East - Marine Drive Community Council:
3.Give Notice of Motion to consider the proposed development agreement, as set out in Attachment C of the staff report dated November 22, 2017, to permit an automotive repair garage within an existing commercial building at 102 Albro Lake Road, Dartmouth. The public hearing for the development agreement shall be held concurrently with that indicated in Recommendation 1.
13.2 MEMBERS OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL
13.2.1 Councillor Austin - Sullivan’s Pond Weed Control [PDF]
That Harbour East – Marine Drive Community Council request a staff report regarding possible options for cutting or reducing the aquatic weeds in Sullivan’s Pond in the Halifax and Area Model Yacht Club course.
15. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
Council may rise and go into a private In Camera session, in accordance with Section 19 of the Halifax Regional Municipality Charter, for the purpose of dealing with the following:
15.1 In Camera (In Private) Minutes – December 7, 2017
That the In Camera (In Private) minutes of December 7, 2017 be approved as circulated.
16. ADDED ITEMS
17. NOTICES OF MOTION
18. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
- Presentation by John Woods re: AO50 - 10 Monique Avenue, Dartmouth (Gerald B. Gray Arena) [PDF]
19. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – February 1, 2018, 6:00 p.m. HEMDCC Meeting Space Main Floor, Alderney Gate 60 Alderney Drive, Dartmouth
1. Revised Memorandum from the Legislative Assistant dated January 5, 2018 re: Requests to Presentations to Harbour East-Marine Drive Community Council [PDF]