Time: 6:00 p.m.
Location: Council Chamber, 3rd Floor City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax
Minutes: July 19, 2022 Halifax and West Community Council Minutes (PDF)
1. CALL TO ORDER AND LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – June 21, 2022
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10.1 PUBLIC HEARINGS
10.1.1 Case 23016: Substantive Amendment to the Brunello Development Agreement, Timberlea [PDF]
That Halifax and West Community Council:
1. Approve the proposed amending development agreement, which shall be substantially of the same form as set out in Attachment A of the staff report dated May 26, 2022; and
2. Require the amending development agreement be signed by the property owner within 120 days, or any extension thereof granted by Council on request of the property owner, from the date of final approval by Council and any other bodies as necessary, including applicable appeal periods, whichever is later; otherwise this approval will be void and obligations arising hereunder shall be at an end.
10.2 VARIANCE APPEAL HEARINGS – NONE
11. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
12. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
13.1.1 Case 24241: Rezoning of 4510 Prospect Road, Bayside [PDF]
That Halifax and West Community Council give First Reading to consider approval of the proposed amendment to Schedule A – Zoning Map of the Land Use By-law for Planning District 4 (Prospect), as set out in Attachment A of the staff report dated June 16, 2022, to rezone 4510 Prospect Road, Bayside from the I-3 (Local Service) Zone to the RRE-1 (Rural Residential E-1) Zone and schedule a public hearing.
13.1.2 Case 22890: Land Use By-Law amendment for 48 and 50 Old Sambro Road, Halifax [PDF]
That Halifax and West Community Council adopt the amendment to the Land Use By-law for Halifax Mainland, as set out in Attachment A of the staff report dated November 1, 2021, to rezone the lands at 48 and 50 Old Sambro Road, Halifax from the R-2P (General Residential) Zone to the R-3 (General Residential and Low-Rise Apartment) Zone.
13.2 MEMBERS OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL
13.2.1 Councillor Cuttell - Request for staff report regarding a review of parking requirements for community centres for Planning District 5 [PDF]
That Halifax and West Community Council direct the Chief Administrative Officer to provide a staff report regarding a review of the parking requirements for community centres and recreation centres within the Land Use By-law for Planning District 5 (Chebucto Peninsula).
15. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
Council may rise and go into a private In Camera session, in accordance with Section 19 of the Halifax Regional Municipality Charter, for the purpose of dealing with the following:
15.1 In Camera (In Private) Minutes – June 21, 2022
That the In Camera (In Private) minutes of June 21, 2022 be approved as circulated.
15.2 LEGAL MATTER - Private and Confidential Report
A matter pertaining to litigation or potential litigation in regard to an identifiable person and information whose disclosure could reasonably be expected to prejudice the interests of the Municipality.
That Halifax and West Community Council:
1. Adopt the recommendations as outlined in the private and confidential report dated June 28, 2022; and
2. Direct that the private and confidential report dated June 28, 2022 be maintained private and confidential.
16. ADDED ITEMS
17. NOTICES OF MOTION
18. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
19. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – August 30, 2022 (if required)
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Andrea Lovasi-Wood, Legislative Assistant, at email@example.com or 902.240.7164.
To submit correspondence, email firstname.lastname@example.org
More information: https://www.halifax.ca/city-hall/regional-council/communicating-halifax-regional-council