Time: 6:00 p.m.
Location: HEMDCC Meeting Space, Main Floor Alderney Landing, 60 Alderney Drive, Dartmouth
1. CALL TO ORDER AND LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – June 15, 2023
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10.1 PUBLIC HEARINGS
10.1.1 Case 22622: Development Agreement for 1268 Cole Harbour Road, Cole Harbour [PDF]
-Extract minutes [PDF]
-Staff Presentation [PDF]
-Applicant Presentation [PDF]
That Harbour East-Marine Drive Community Council:
1. Approve the proposed development agreement, which shall be substantially of the same form as set out in Attachment A of the staff report dated May 18, 2023; and
2. Require the development agreement be signed by the property owner within 120 days, or any extension thereof granted by Council on request of the property owner, from the date of final approval by Council and any other bodies as necessary, including applicable appeal periods, whichever is later; otherwise this approval will be void and obligations arising hereunder shall be at an end.
11. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
11.1.1 Speeding Concerns Cranehill Road and Glasgow Road, East Preston
11.1.2 Safety concerns regarding errant balls from Grandview Golf Course and Driving Range of 431 Cranehill Road hitting the public highways of Glasgow Road and Cranehill Road 431 East Preston
11.3 Presentations – None
12. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
13.1.1 PLANAPP 2023-00339 (formerly Case 24496): Development Agreement for 1 Circassion Dr, Cole Harbour [PDF]
That Harbour East-Marine Drive Community Council give notice of motion to consider the proposed development agreement, as set out in Attachment A of the staff report dated June 8, 2023 to allow a 3-storey multi unit building containing 18 residential units at 1 Circassion Drive, Cole Harbour and schedule a public hearing.
13.1.2 Case 23724: Rezoning and Development Agreement, 1818 Shore Road, Eastern Passage [PDF]
That Harbour East – Marine Drive Community Council:
1. Give First Reading to consider approval of the proposed amendment to Schedule A of the Land Use By-law for Eastern Passage/ Cow Bay, as set out in Attachment A of the staff report dated June 1, 2023, to rezone 1818 Shore Road, Eastern Passage from R-1 and R-2 to CDD (Comprehensive Development District) and schedule a public hearing; and
2. Give notice of motion to consider the proposed development agreement, as set out in Attachment B of the staff report dated June 1, 2023, to allow for a mixed-use development with 94 residential units and local commercial uses at 1818 Shore Road, Eastern Passage, and schedule a public hearing. The public hearing for the development agreement shall be held concurrently with that indicated in part 1.
15. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) – NONE
16. ADDED ITEMS
17. NOTICES OF MOTION
18. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
19. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – August 2, 2023
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Catie Campbell, Legislative Assistant, at Catherine.Campbell@halifax.ca or 782.641.0796.
To submit correspondence, email email@example.com
More information: https://www.halifax.ca/city-hall/regional-council/communicating-halifax-regional-council