Would you like to speak during Public Participation?
If you’d like to speak during Public Participation, contact the Municipal Clerk's Office no later than 4:30 p.m. on June 23, 2021, to be added to the speakers' list to speak by telephone. This meeting will occur in a virtual setting and attending in person is not possible. To register as a speaker:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com If you’re signing up via email, if you don’t receive a response from us within 1 business day please phone our office at 902.292.3962 to confirm receipt. Please ensure you check your email’s junk/spam folder regularly.
- Phone 902.292.3962 (Mon-Fri, 8:30 am-4:30 pm)
- Fax 902.490.4208
In your message, state that you wish to speak during Public Participation at the June 24, 2021 Harbour East Marine-Drive Community Council Special Meeting, and give your name, community of residence, email address, and phone number.
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – Special Meeting June 3, 2021
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. HEARINGS – NONE
11. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
11.3.1 Introduction to the Urban Development Institute – Stephen Adams, Executive Director of the Urban Development Institute of Nova Scotia [PDF]
- Presentation [PDF]
12. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
13.1.1 Case 23221: Land Use By-law amendment for Eastern Shore Lifestyle Centre - 22324 Highway, Sheet Harbour [PDF]
That Harbour East-Marine Drive Community Council give First Reading to consider approval of the proposed amendments to the Land Use By-law for the Eastern Shore (East) Plan Area, as set out in Attachment A of the April 28, 2021 report, to:
1. enable the development of a new municipal community facility (the Eastern Shore Lifestyle Centre) within the RPK (Regional Park) Zone; and
2. correct references to the former P-4 (Provincial Park) Zone; and schedule a public hearing.
13.1.2 Case 22487: Development Agreement for 112 & 114 Wyse Road, Dartmouth [PDF]
That Harbour East-Marine Drive Community Council give notice of motion to consider the proposed development agreement, as set out in Attachment A of the May 18, 2021 report, to enable a 20-storey mixed-use multi-unit building at the corner of Wyse Road and Nantucket Avenue in Dartmouth and schedule a public hearing.
13.1.3 Case 22491: Development Agreement for 46 Maple Street, Dartmouth [PDF]
That Harbour East-Marine Drive Community Council give notice of motion to consider the proposed development agreement, as set out in Attachment A of the June 8, 2021 report, to develop a 20 unit, stacked townhouse development on lands at 46 Maple St and schedule a public hearing.
13.1.4 Case 21584: Development Agreement for lands at 18 Rosedale Drive, and Floral Avenue, Dartmouth (Supplemental Report) [PDF] (Large 21 Mb)
- Original Report
That Harbour East-Marine Drive Community Council refuse the proposed development agreement enabling the development of a mixed-use building with nine and eleven storey towers on a shared podium, as set out in Attachment A of the staff report dated August 5, 2020.
13.2 MEMBERS OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL – NONE
14. MOTIONS – NONE
15. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) – NONE
16. ADDED ITEMS
17. NOTICES OF MOTION
18. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
- Presentation [PDF]
19. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – August 5, 2021
1. Information Report from the Legislative Assistant dated June 18, 2021 re: Requests for Presentation to Harbour East-Marine Drive Community Council [PDF]
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Simon Ross-Siegel, Legislative Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-292-3962