Virtual Public Hearings & How to Participate
View live meeting captioning (text only site)
Would you like to speak during a Public Hearing?
If you’d like to speak during Public Hearing for Case 22651, contact the Municipal Clerk's Office no later than 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, May 19 to be added to the speakers' list to speak by Zoom or telephone. This meeting will occur in a virtual setting and attending in person is not possible.
To register as a speaker:
• Send an email to email@example.com
• Phone 902.490.4210 (Mon-Fri, 8:30 am-4:30 pm)
• Fax 902.490.4208
In your message, state that you wish to speak during Public Hearing for Case 22651 at the May 20 Harbour East Marine-Drive Community Council special meeting, and give your name, community of residence, email address, and your phone number.
PLEASE NOTE: All virtual meetings will be audio and/or video recorded for the purpose of creating a record of the proceedings. If you do not wish to be recorded, do not sign up to speak; you can provide a written submission via firstname.lastname@example.org.
In accordance with the July 29, 2020 direction of the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing under section 14 of the Emergency Management Act, this meeting is being held virtually. Draft minutes of this meeting will be made available on halifax.ca.
Would you like to speak during Public Participation?
If you’d like to speak during Public Participation, contact the Municipal Clerk's Office no later than 4:30 p.m. on May 19, 2021, to be added to the speakers' list to speak by telephone. This meeting will occur in a virtual setting and attending in person is not possible. Please note that public participation is where you can speak to Community Council about general matters. If you want to speak at a public hearing regarding a proposed development on this agenda, please indicate the matter you want to speak to by stating the item number or case number. To register as a speaker for public participation:
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Phone 902-292-3962 (Mon-Fri, 8:30 am-4:30 pm)
- Fax 902.490.4208
In your message, state that you wish to speak during Public Participation at the May 20, 2021 Harbour East-Marine Drive Community Council special meeting, and give your name, community of residence, email address, and phone number. For further information regarding public participation visit Communicating with Halifax Regional Council and expand the heading for "Public Participation - Community Councils and Standing Committees".
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – NONE
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10.1 PUBLIC HEARING
10.1.1 Case 22651: Land Use By-Law amendment for lands fronting on Hines Road, Eastern Passage [PDF]
- Staff Presentation [PDF]
- Applicant Presentation [PDF]
That Harbour East-Marine Drive Community Council adopt the amendment to the Land Use By-law for Eastern Passage/Cow Bay, as set out in Attachment A of the February 10, 2021 report.
10.2 VARIANCE HEARING – NONE
11. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
11.3 Presentations – None
12. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
13. REPORTS/DISCUSSION – NONE
14. MOTIONS – NONE
15. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) – NONE
16. ADDED ITEMS
17. NOTICES OF MOTION
18. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
19. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – June 3, 2021
1. Information Report from the Legislative Assistant dated May 13, 2021 re: Requests for Presentation to Harbour East-Marine Drive Community Council – None
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Simon Ross-Siegel, Legislative Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-292-3962