Time: 6:00 p.m.
Location: Council Chamber, 3rd Floor City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax
Minutes: November 15, 2022 Halifax and West Community Council Minutes (PDF)
1. CALL TO ORDER AND LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
1.1 Annual Election of Chair and Vice Chair
1.2 TABLING OF 2022 ANNUAL REPORT [PDF]
• Public Participation for Annual Report
That Halifax and West Community Council table the 2022 Annual Report as presented.
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – October 12, 2022
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
- Item 10.1.2 – Case 24020: Land Use By-law Amendment for the Kearney Lake area of Halifax (Bedford West - Sub Area 11)
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
That Halifax and West Community Council adopt the amendment to Schedule A - Zoning of the Land Use By-law for Planning District 5 (Chebucto Peninsula), as set out in Attachment A of the staff report dated July 27, 2022.
10.1.2 Case 24020: Land Use By-law Amendment for the Kearney Lake area of Halifax (Bedford West - Sub Area 11)
That Halifax and West Community Council adopt the amendments to the Halifax Mainland Land Use By-law, as set out in Attachment A of the staff report dated October 5, 2022.
This item was deleted from the agenda.
11. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
11.3.1 Presentation – Halifax Homecoming: Dalhousie District Bylaw Modernization & Discussion – Kristian Curran [PDF]
12. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
13.1.1 Proposed 2023 Meeting Schedule [PDF]
That Halifax and West Community Council approve the proposed 2023 Halifax and West Community Council meeting schedule as outlined in the staff memorandum.
13.2 MEMBERS OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL – NONE
14. MOTIONS – NONE
15. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) – NONE
16. ADDED ITEMS
17. NOTICES OF MOTION
18. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
19. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – December 6, 2022
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Andrea Lovasi-Wood, Legislative Assistant, at email@example.com or 902-240-7164.
To submit correspondence, email firstname.lastname@example.org
More information: https://www.halifax.ca/city-hall/regional-council/communicating-halifax-regional-council