Time: 1:00 p.m.
Location: Virtual Meeting
REVISED at 4:02 p.m. on June 24, 2022
PLEASE NOTE: All Standing Committee meetings will be audio and/or video recorded for the purpose of creating a record of the proceedings.
1. CALL TO ORDER AND LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
2. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
3. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
THAT the Audit and Finance Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council:
1. Approve a contribution, for a total of $429,500, in cash support from the 2022/2023 Community and Events Reserve, Q621 to the 2020 North American Indigenous Games Local Organizing Committee for additional costs associated with the delivery of the 2023 North American Indigenous Games; as described in the discussion section of the report; and
2. Authorize the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) to execute a contribution agreement which includes the cash contribution, and up to $400,000 in Value-In-Kind support, dedicated to the delivery of the 2023 North American Indigenous Games.
INFORMATION ITEMS - NONE
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Annie Sherry, Legislative Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-943-8741