Time: 1:00 p.m.
Location: Virtual Meeting
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – June 6, 2022
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES - NONE
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
7.1.1 Draft Investment Policy Advisory Committee Report – Quarter ending June 30, 2022
THAT the Investment Policy Advisory Committee recommend that the Audit and Finance Standing Committee forward the Investment Policy Advisory Committee Report – Quarter Ending June 30, 2022, to Halifax Regional Council for Information.
THAT the Investment Policy Advisory Committee:
1. Approve the following changes to the Investment Policy Advisory Committee Quarterly Report structure:
a. Include ESG ratings for the financial institution positions of the portfolio;
b. Report and review ESG scoring by the Investment Policy Advisory Committee annually; and
c. Select S&P Global as the rating agency for ESG scoring.
2. Recommend that the Audit and Finance Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council approve amendments to the Investment Policy to:
a. Remove the following four counterparties from the approved listing:
i. CDP Financial Inc
ii. Desjardins Group
iii. Caisse Centrale Desjardins
iv. OMERS Realty Corporation
b. Update the formatting of Schedule A to include a missing percentage sign (%) and include the adjective “credit” to describe the type of minimum rating being referred to in the table header.
8. ADDED ITEMS
9. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – December 5, 2022
INFORMATION ITEMS - NONE