Time: 7:00 p.m.
Location: Virtual Meeting
In accordance with the July 29, 2020 direction of the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing under section 14 of the Emergency Management Act, this meeting is being held virtually. Draft minutes of this meeting will be made available on halifax.ca.
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – July 7, 2021
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
5. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
6. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
7.1.1 Case 23512 - Application by FBM Ltd. to amend the development agreement for the property at Civic 27 and 65 Dellridge Lane, Bedford to define and add ''Indoor Commercial Dog Care Facility' to the list of permitted uses in the General Commercial area
Please visit the HRM Planning Application website for Case 23512 to find information on the request such as the MPS policy direction, public feedback summary, and information submitted by the applicant supporting their application.
In preparing a recommendation to the North West Community Council, the Committee is being asked to assess potential impact on the community, specifically:
• Appropriateness of Indoor Commercial Dog Care Facility as a permitted use on this site, and
• Compatibility with adjacent land uses.
For a copy of the materials presented to the Planning Advisory Committee, please contact the Clerk’s Office.
7.1.2 Case 22267 – Dartmouth Road and Wardour Street, Bedford
Please visit the Planning Application website for Case 22267 to find information on the process considering a new policy to allow townhouses and mid-rise, multi-unit buildings on Dartmouth Road in a study area near Dartmouth Road. There are two proposals in the study area:
• Shelley Dickey Land Use Planning, on behalf of the Stevens Group, is proposing a four storey residential building on Dartmouth Road, between Wardour Street and Stone Terrace.
• Zzap Consulting Inc., on behalf of Bedford Holdings Ltd., is proposing to develop a surface parking lot on Wardour Street behind the Wardour Centre. The proposal is to construct a five storey residential and commercial building.
In preparing a recommendation to the North West Community Council, staff appreciates all feedback, but requests that North West Planning Advisory Committee consider these specific questions:
• How does the existing mix of buildings impact the character of Dartmouth Road? How do the existing buildings impact the overall neighbourhood?
• How does Council best balance the needs and desires of this neighbourhood with the high demand for housing in HRM?
Information at the above link will be updated as required. For a copy of the materials presented to the Planning Advisory Committee, please contact the Clerk’s Office.
8. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – NWPAC Public Information Meeting on August 18, 2021 and NWPAC Meeting on September 1, 2021
INFORMATION ITEMS – NONE