This process will consider mid-rise, multi-unit buildings on Dartmouth Road. The study area will also include some properties on Wardour Street. There are two proposals in the study area.
Shelley Dickey Land Use Planning, on behalf of the Stevens Group, is proposing a four storey residential building on Dartmouth Road, between Wardour Street and Stone Terrace. View the site in Google Maps.
The major aspects of this proposal are as follows:
• 4 storeys with 2-storey sections at both ends of the building
• 48 residential units
• Main driveway off Wardour Street for 47 underground parking spaces
• Secondary driveway off Stone Terrace for 9 surface parking spaces
The applicant’s letter provides drawings and more details about this building.
Zzap Consulting Inc., on behalf of Bedford Holdings Ltd., is proposing to develop a surface parking lot on Wardour Street behind the Wardour Centre. The proposal is to construct a five storey residential and commercial building. View the site in Google Maps.
The major aspects of this proposal are:
• 5 storey building, with upper stories set back
• About 6,300 square feet of ground level commercial space
• 51 residential units above the commercial space
• Adding a new driveway on Wardour Street
• 52 underground parking spaces and 24 surface parking spaces
The applicant’s letter has more information. Building drawings and plans are here.
The applications will be considered under the process to amend a Municipal Planning Strategy.
On November 12, 2019 Regional Council directed staff to begin this planning process. View the staff report.
Public Meeting Postponed - The public meeting scheduled for Monday, March 23, 2020 has been postponed due to public health concerns. The meeting will be rescheduled later.