1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – January 14, 2019
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS
6.1 Halifax Regional Police Strategic Plan [PDF]
That the Board of Police Commissioners approve the Halifax Regional Police Strategic Plan as presented.
7. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
8. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD - NONE
9.1.1 Halifax Regional Police Employee Engagement & Recognition Initiative [PDF]
9.1.2 HRP Police Science Program Overview [PDF]
9.1.3 Halifax Regional Police Foundation [PDF]
That the Board of Police Commissioners appoint a Commissioner to serve as the Board’s representative on the Steering Committee for the Halifax Regional Police Foundation.
9.1.4 HRM Police Services Review - Update
9.1.5 Halifax Regional Police Chief Recruitment - Update
9.2 MEMBERS OF BOARD OF POLICE COMMISSIONERS
9.3 COMMISSIONER UPDATES
9.3.1 Management Employee Relations Committee - Update
9.3.2 Canadian Association of Police Governance Board – Update
9.3.3 Nova Scotia Association of Police Governance Board – Update
9.3.4 Street Checks Investigation Report - Update
9.4 HRP/RCMP CHIEF UPDATES
10. ADDED ITEMS
11. IN CAMERA (In Private)
The Board of Police Commissioners may rise and go into a private In Camera (In Private) session, in accordance with Section 51 of the Nova Scotia Police Act for the purposes of dealing with the following;
11.1 Approval of In Camera (In Private) Minutes – January 14, 2019
That the Board of Police Commissioners approve the January 14, 2019 In Camera (In Private) minutes as presented.
11.2 Personnel Matter – Exhibit Update
A matter pertaining to an identifiable individual or group.
That the Board of Police Commissioners convene In Camera (In Private) to discuss the matter.
12. NOTICES OF MOTION
13. DATE OF NEXT MEETINGS
• March 18, 2019
• April 15, 2019
1. HRM Policing – Board of Police Commissioner’s Dashboard – February 11, 2019 [PDF]
2. Information Report – Chief of Halifax Regional Police – February 11, 2019 [PDF]
3. Information Report – Officer in Charge (OIC) Halifax District RCMP – February 11, 2019 [PDF]
4. HRM Policing Services 4th Quarter Scan 2018 [PDF]
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact
David Perusse, Legislative Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-490-6732.