1. CALL TO ORDER
• Community Announcements
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – June 26, 2017
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
7. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
8. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
9.1 Case 20894 – Application by WSP Canada Inc. for substantive amendments to an existing Development Agreement that enables a mixed-use development located at 5511 Bloomfield Street, Halifax.
Staff Presentation Case 20894 [PDF]
The proposal details can be found at https://www.halifax.ca/business/planning-development/applications/case-20894-5511-bloomfield-street-halifax.
In preparing the recommendation to Halifax and West Community Council, the Committee is being asked to consider whether the proposal complies with the policy in consideration of the following:
- Density: Is the increase in residential density appropriate?
- Building Design: Do the proposed changes to the already approved building offer high quality design, particularly at the street level? Does the proposed addition offer effective urban design in keeping with the context of Bloomfield Street and Almon Street, regarding building height and massing?
- Parking: Is there sufficient parking? The proposal includes reducing the number of vehicle parking spaces from 82 spaces to 72. The number of bicycle parking spaces proposed meets the requirements of the Land Use By-law.
9.2 Discussion Regarding Mix of Family (Multi-Bedroom) Units in Residential Developments – Carl Purvis
10. ADDED ITEMS
11. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – August 28, 2017 Regular Meeting
INFORMATION ITEMS – NONE