Time: 3:00 p.m.
Location: Virtual Meeting
Minutes: July 27, 2022 Heritage Advisory Committee Draft Minutes (PDF)
1. CALL TO ORDER AND LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – June 22, 2022, July 25, 2022 Special Meeting
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
7. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
7.3 Presentations - None
8. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
9.1.1 Case H00529: Request to Include 65 Tulip Street, Dartmouth, in the Registry of Heritage Property for the Halifax Regional Municipality [PDF]
- Presentation [PDF]
That the Heritage Advisory Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council:
1. Set a date for a heritage hearing to consider the inclusion of the subject property in the Registry of Heritage Property for the Halifax Regional Municipality; and
2. Approve the request to include 65 Tulip Street, Dartmouth in the Registry of Heritage Property for the Halifax Regional Municipality, as shown on Map 1, as a municipal heritage property under the Heritage Property Act.
9.1.2 Case 22728: Development Agreement for 5241-5247 South Street (Stairs House), 5230 Harvey Street, and 5240-5246 Harvey Street, Halifax for a multi-unit dwelling and restoration of a registered heritage property [PDF]
- Presentation [PDF]
That the Heritage Advisory Committee recommend that Halifax and West Community Council (HWCC):
1. Give notice of motion to consider the proposed development agreement, as set out in Attachment A, to enable an eight-storey plus penthouse multi-unit residential building as an addition to the Registered Heritage Building located at 5241-5247 South Street and schedule a public hearing;
2. Approve the proposed development agreement, which shall be substantially of the same form as set out in Attachment A; and
3. Require the agreement be signed by the property owner within 120 days, or any extension thereof granted by Council on request of the property owner, from the date of final approval by Council and any other bodies as necessary, including applicable appeal periods, whichever is later; otherwise this approval will be void and obligations arising hereunder shall be at an end.
9.2 MEMBERS OF THE HERITAGE ADVISORY COMMITTEE - NONE
10. ADDED ITEMS
11. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – August 24, 2022
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Jill McGillicuddy, Legislative Assistant, at email@example.com or 902-483-2810.
To submit correspondence, email firstname.lastname@example.org
More information: https://www.halifax.ca/city-hall/regional-council/communicating-halifax-regional-council