Time: 4:00 p.m.
Location: Virtual Meeting
Minutes: July 7, 2022 Women's Advisory Committee Draft Minutes (PDF)
1. CALL TO ORDER AND LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – May 5, 2022
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
7. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
7.3.1 Basic Income and its Impact on Women – Mandy Kay-Raining Bird, Chair, Basic Income Nova Scotia Society [PDF]
7.3.2 Adsum House for Women and Children – Sheri Lecker, Executive Director, Adsum House [PDF]
8. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
9.1 STAFF – NONE
9.2 COMMITTEE MEMBER UPDATES
9.2.1 Council Update – Lisa Blackburn, HRM Councillor
9.2.2 Access to Abortion Services in HRM – Members of Women’s Advisory Committee
That Executive Standing Committee recommend to Regional Council that the Mayor be asked to write a letter to the Federal Minister of Health opposing any bill or motion that is intended to restrict abortion or reduce access to abortions in Canada.
10. ADDED ITEMS
11. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – September 8, 2022
INFORMATION ITEMS – NONE
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Catie Campbell, Legislative Assistant, at Catherine.email@example.com or 782-641-0796.
To submit correspondence, email firstname.lastname@example.org
More information: https://www.halifax.ca/city-hall/regional-council/communicating-halifax-regional-council