In accordance with the July 29, 2020 direction of the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing under section 14 of the Emergency Management Act, this meeting is being held virtually. Draft minutes of this meeting will be made available on halifax.ca within three business days.
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – July 30, 2020
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
5. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
6. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
6.3.1 Appeals of Design Review Committee Decisions – Ted Farquhar
- Presentation [PDF]
7.1.1 Case 23021 Substantive Site Plan Approval 1441 Hollis Street, Halifax [PDF]
- Staff Presentation [PDF]
- Applicant Presentation [PDF]
THAT the Design Review Committee:
1. Approve the qualitative elements of the substantive site plan approval application for a six-storey multi-unit residential building with ground floor commercial at 1441 Hollis Street, Halifax as shown in Attachments A;
2. Approve the six variances to the Land Use By-law requirements regarding streetwall height, streetwall width, streetwall stepback, interior lot line setback, and setback of rooftop features, as contained in Attachment B;
3. Accept the findings of the qualitative Wind Impact Assessment, as contained in Attachment C; and
4. Recommend that the Development Officer accept the undergrounding of overhead electrical and communication distribution systems as the post-bonus floor area ratio public benefit for the development, as outlined in Attachment D.
7.1.2 Regional Centre Plan Package B Consultation – Dali Salih, Planner III and Kasia Tota, Principal Planner
8. PRELIMINARY PRESENTATIONS – NONE
9. ADDED ITEMS
10. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) – NONE
11. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – November 12, 2020
INFORMATION ITEMS - NONE
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Andrea Lovasi-Wood, Legislative Assistant, at email@example.com or 902-490-6732.