Time: 7:00 p.m.
Location: St. Margaret’s Center (Gymnasium), 12 Westwood Blvd, Upper Tantallon
Minutes: September 10, 2018 North West Community Council Minutes (PDF)
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – July 9, 2018
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10.1 Public Hearings
That North West Community Council adopt the amendment to the Land Use By-law for the Beaver Bank, Hammonds Plains and Upper Sackville Plan Area, as set out in Attachment A of the staff report dated June 18, 2018.
That North West Community Council:
1. Approve the proposed development agreement, which shall be substantially of the same form as set out in Attachment A of the staff report dated June 15, 2018; and
2. Require the agreement be signed by the property owner within 120 days, or any extension thereof granted by Council on request of the property owner, from the date of final approval by Council and any other bodies as necessary, including applicable appeal periods, whichever ; otherwise this approval will be void and obligations arising hereunder shall be at an end.
10.2 Variance Appeal Hearing
In accordance with Administrative Order One, the following motion must be placed on the floor:
That North West Community Council allow the appeal.
11. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
12. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
That North West Community Council give First Reading to consider approval of the proposed amendment to the Land Use By-law for Bedford, as set out in Attachment A, to rezone lands from the Heavy Industrial (IHI) Zone to the CD-1 (C&D Materials Transfer) Zone and schedule a public hearing
13.1.2 Case 19461: Site Specific Amendments to the Planning Districts 1 and 3 MPS and LUB to permit an asphalt plant at PID# 40042822, north of Highway 103 and west of Little Indian Lake, Head of St, Margaret’s Bay [PDF]
That North West Community Council recommend that Regional Council:
1. Give First Reading to consider the proposed amendments to the Municipal Planning Strategy (MPS) and Land Use By-law (LUB) for Planning Districts 1 and 3, (St. Margarets Bay) as set out in Attachments A and B of the staff report dated July 11, 2018, to permit an asphalt plant on a portion of PID# 41457821 north of Highway 103 and west of Little Indian Lake, Head of St, Margarets Bay and schedule a public hearing; and
2. Approve the proposed amendments to the MPS and LUB for District 1 and 3 (St. Margarets Bay), as set out in Attachments A and B of the staff report dated July 11, 2018.
13.2 MEMBERS OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL – NONE
14. MOTIONS – NONE
15. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) – NONE
16. ADDED ITEMS
17. NOTICES OF MOTION
18. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
19. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – October 1, 2018 – Location to be determined.