Being a by-law of the City of Dartmouth with respect to obstruction of water flow.
The Council of the City of Dartmouth enacts as follows:
1. No person shall obstruct or impede the flow of any stream, creek, water course, drain, or sewer.
2. No person, being the owner or occupant of land, shall permit any stream, creek, water course, drain or sewer upon te land which he owns or occupies to become obstructed.
3. Where the Council is of the opinion that any stream, creek, water course, drain, or sewer of private lands in the City is or is being obstructed, it may authorize the City Clerk to direct the owner or occupant of such private lands by an order in writing, to remove the obstruction. (C-216)
4. If the person directed to remove the obstruction as provided in Section 3 hereof fails to do so within one week of the service of the order upon him, the City by its servants or agents may enter upon the lands, doing no unnecessary damage, and remove the obstruction at the expense of the person in default of the order; and the City may recover the expenses thereof with costs by action in any court of competent jurisdiction.
5. By-law C-79 as amended is hereby repealed.
Done and passed in Council this 29th day of August, 1989.