What if I don't comply with an Order to Remedy

What happens if I don’t appeal and I don’t comply with the Order?

If you choose not to appeal and you have not completed the work when the Order expires, Halifax Regional Municipality has the right to enter the property and complete the work. Once the work has been completed, an invoice will be issued to the property owner for the cost of the remedy.

Receive an invoice you don’t agree with?

If you did not comply with an Order to Remedy or Order to Remove and HRM has completed the work, you will receive an invoice for the associated costs. Once you have received the invoice, you may dispute it through the Adjudication section of By-Law Standards.

You may request an invoice review either via 311 or by sending your request to
Halifax Regional Municipality
Attention: Adjudication – By-Law Standards
PO Box 1749
Halifax, NS B3J 3A5