Name: Respecting the Grand Parade
CITY OF HALIFAX
ORDINANCE NUMBER 10A
RESPECTING THE GRAND PARADE
BE IT ENACTED by the Mayor and City Council as follows:
1. No person shall put or leave standing in the Grand Parade in the City of Halifax, any vehicle whether attended or unattended, unless such person has first obtained permission in writing therefore from the Committee on Works.
2. The Committee on Works may grant permission to any person or persons to place vehicles in the Grand Parade aforesaid, upon such terms and conditions and at such time or times as the Committee shall from time to time determine.
3. Any person who parks or leaves standing in the Grand Parade aforesaid, any vehicle whether the same is attended or unattended in violation of the provisions of this Ordinance, shall be liable to a penalty not exceeding Twenty Dollars and in default of payment to imprisonment for a period not exceeding ten days.
4. (1) No person shall skateboard in or on the Grand Parade or any part thereof, and any person who violates this provision shall bequilty of an offense and liable to a penalty not exceeding Five Hundred Dollars and in default of payment of such penalty to imprisonment for a term not exceeding (30) days.
(2) A person who is alleged to have violated subsection (1) of this Section and is given notice of the alleged violation may pay a penalty in the amount of $50.00 to the Chief of Police at the Halifax Police Department provided that such payment is made within a period of fourteen (14) days following the day on which the alleged violation was committed and where the said notice so provides for payment in this manner, such payment shall be in full satisfaction, releasing and discharging all penalties and imprisonments incurred by the person for said violation.
Passed Council June 15, 1950 and July 13, 1950 Approved M.M.A.: July 19, 1950