1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – February 1, 2018
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS
9. NOTICE OF TABLED MATTERS
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.1.1 Correspondence dated February 7, 2018, from Derek Estabrook, Vice President, Business Development, Heritage Gas
10.1.2 Correspondence dated February 7, 2018, from Brian Palmer
10.3.1 EfficiencyOne and the Value of the Energy Efficiency Industry in Nova Scotia – Stephen MacDonald, CEO, EfficiencyOne [PDF]
10.3.2 Effects of Ocean Plastic on Sea Turtles – Kathleen Martin, Executive Director, Canadian Sea Turtle Network [PDF]
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD
12.1.1 Subscription Only Flyer Delivery in HRM [PDF]
That the Environment and Sustainability Standing Committee recommend that Regional Council:
1. Direct staff to draft a by-law to regulate flyer delivery, including delivery standards and a requirement to not deliver flyers to properties that have a ‘No Flyers’ sign posted. It is further recommended that a mandatory ‘opt-in’ only delivery option not be part of a by-law; and
2. Direct staff to work with the flyer distributors and publishers to implement and evaluate a pilot project of flyer boxes to replace end of driveway delivery in rural areas.
12.1.2 Review of Regional Watersheds Advisory Board’s Terms of Reference and Mandate [PDF]
That the Environment and Sustainability Standing Committee recommend that staff be directed to review the Regional Watersheds Advisory Board’s Terms of Reference and mandate and take into consideration the suggestions made by the Board, as outlined in the discussion section of the report from the Regional Watersheds Advisory Board, dated March 15, 2018.
12.2 BOARDS AND COMMITTEES
12.3 MEMBERS OF STANDING COMMITTEE
13.1 Councillor Mancini [PDF]
That the Environment and Sustainability Standing Committee request a staff report on a strategy for the safe disposal of light bulbs containing mercury and consideration of banning them from landfills.
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
14.1 Approval of In Camera (In Private) Minutes – February 1, 2018
That the Environment and Sustainability Standing Committee approve the February 1, 2018 In Camera (In Camera) Minutes, as circulated.
14.2 Personnel Matter
Citizen and Councillor appointments to boards and committees in keeping with the Public Appointment Policy adopted by Regional Council on August 2011, to be found at: https://www.halifax.ca/city-hall/boards-committees-commissions/volunteer-boards-committees/public-appointment-policy
14.2.1 Regional Watersheds Advisory Board Appointment – Private and Confidential Report
That the Environment and Sustainability Standing Committee:
1. Proceed to appoint up to two Academia seats to the Regional Watersheds Advisory Board for a term to November 30, 2019 as outlined in Attachment 1 of this report.
2. Proceed to appoint up to two representatives from NGO’s/Recreation Organizations to the Regional Watersheds Advisory Board for a term to November 30, 2019 as outlined in Attachment 1 of this report.
3. It is further recommended that the citizen appointments be released to the public following ratification and notification of the successful candidates.
4. It is further recommended that this report not be released to the public.
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – May 3, 2018
1. Memorandum from the Municipal Clerk’s Office dated March 26, 2018 re: Presentation Requests [PDF]