Find out what’s happening at Executive Standing Committee meetings and learn how you can participate.
The Executive Standing Committee makes recommendations to Regional Council to fulfill the self-governance functions of the Council, including:
- emergency management
- acting as the nominating committee for boards and committees
- Chief Administrative Officer liaison and review
- overseeing volunteer awards, by-law rationalization, corporate performance objectives, and the Council’s priority areas
More detail about the standing committee’s role can be found in the Terms of Reference (Administrative Order One, Schedule 6) [PDF].
The Executive Standing Committee normally meets on the third Monday of each month, at 10:00 a.m. Meeting dates and times are subject to change. Check the calendar below, and the agenda (once available) to confirm the exact date and time for each meeting.
You can watch live video of standing committee meetings online.
Executive Standing Committee Meetings
Membership of the Executive Standing Committee
- Mayor Mike Savage – Chair
- Deputy Mayor Cathy Deagle Gammon - Vice Chair - District 1 - Waverley | Fall River | Musquodoboit Valley
- Councillor David Hendsbee - District 2 | Preston - Chezzetcook - Eastern Shore
- Councillor Waye Mason - District 7 | Halifax South Downtown
- Councillor Patty Cuttell - District 11 | Spryfield - Sambro Loop - Prospect Road
- Councillor Paul Russell - District 15 | Lower Sackville
Staff contact for the Executive Standing Committee