Find out what’s happening at Transportation Standing Committee meetings and learn how you can participate.
The Transportation Standing Committee acts as a forum for consolidating information and direction on the Regional Transportation initiatives, and provides an opportunity for Council to address community, government and industry interests in Regional Transportation issues. More detail about the standing committee’s role can be found in the Terms of Reference (Administrative Order One, Schedule 7) [PDF].
The Transportation Standing Committee normally meets on the fourth Thursday of each month, at 1:00 p.m. Meeting dates and times are subject to change. Check the calendar below, and the agenda (once available) to confirm the exact date and time for each meeting.
You can watch live video of standing committee meetings online.
Transportation Standing Committee Meetings
Membership of the Transportation Standing Committee
- Councillor Becky Kent - District 3 - Dartmouth South - Eastern Passage
- Councillor Tony Mancini - District 6 - Harbourview - Burnside - Dartmouth East
- Councillor Waye Mason- District 7 - Halifax South Downtown (Chair)
- Councillor Iona Stoddard - District 12 - Timberlea - Beechville - Clayton Park - Wedgewood (Vice Chair)
- Councillor Paul Russell - District 15 - Lower Sackville
- Councillor Tim Outhit - District 16 - Bedford-Wentworth
Staff contact for the Transportation Standing Committee