Find out what’s happening at Transportation Standing Committee meetings and learn how you can participate.
The Transportation Standing Committee acts as a forum for consolidating information and direction on the Regional Transportation initiatives, and provides an opportunity for Council to address community, government and industry interests in Regional Transportation issues. More detail about the standing committee’s role can be found in the Terms of Reference (Administrative Order One, Schedule 7) [PDF].
The Transportation Standing Committee normally meets on the fourth Thursday of each month, at 1:00 p.m. Meeting dates and times are subject to change. Check the calendar below, and the agenda (once available) to confirm the exact date and time for each meeting.
You can watch live video of standing committee meetings online.
Transportation Standing Committee Meetings
Membership of the Transportation Standing Committee
- Councillor Trish Purdy - District 4 - Cole Harbour - Westphal - Lake Loon - Cherry Brook
- Councillor Waye Mason - District 7 - Halifax South Downtown (Chair)
- Councillor Shawn Cleary - District 9 - Halifax West Armdale
- Councillor Patty Cuttell - District 11 - Spryfield - Sambro Loop - Prospect Road
- Councillor Pam Lovelace - District 13 - Hammonds Plains - St. Margarets (Vice Chair)
- Councillor Tim Outhit - District 16 - Bedford - Wentworth
Staff contact for the Transportation Standing Committee